Thursday, October 18, 2012

Bubba

To say that Ellis and Oliver have had a rocky start in their relationship would be an understatement. As of last month, Ellis was still asking for us to send Oliver to live with another family. It's a heart wrenching roller coaster at times, but I have hope that they'll be okay. I try to give Ellis the space to express his feelings and validate them as best I can. And I watch as Oliver grows and wins over Ellis' heart--by hugging him out of the blue, or kissing him first thing in the morning, or tackling him playfully outside. Or affectionately calling him "Bubba," as Oliver has been doing in the last few days. I smile and take in these moments and trust these little loving moments will take root and grow into a loving brotherhood.



No comments:

Post a Comment