Monday, June 3, 2013

Our Hero

You may have noticed that Ellis was in a firetruck in last week's photos. He had an exciting trip to visit a local fire station with his preschool class...but not before we had a little adventure en route!

We were several miles from home when I heard the dreadful "clunk-clunk" that told me one of my 3-day-old tires was flat. I pulled over and got out in a downpour to confirmed that yes, we had a flat tire. When I got back in the car and told the boys, Ellis immediately burst into tears and said, "So we're going to miss the fire station?" Knowing it was only a 30-minute tour, I said, "I'm afraid so, buddy...but let me see what we can do."

I called Eric, who packed up at the office 20 minutes away and came to our rescue. He gave us his car so that we could go on to the fire station, then he changed the tire in the pouring rain--wearing a suit, no less--so that he could take my car to get a new tire.

The boys and I got to the station just in time for Ellis and Oliver to get a personal tour. Ellis was sitting in the captain's seat when they got dispatched to a real fire. Talk about exciting stuff for a four-year-old!

The firemen are definitely heroes, but Daddy saved this day!

Ellis waiting in the car for Daddy

Silly boy marked on his face because he thought it would make him look like a fireman.

Oliver entertained himself by pushing every button in the car.

E-man wanted a picture with Finn McMissile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment