Tuesday, March 20, 2012

7th Heaven

They say there's a first time for everything. On Sunday, Eric experienced a new "first," and was totally in heaven. Usually, I put Oliver in a sling and nurse him at church, and he sleeps on me during the service...same story minus the church part for every.single.time Oliver has ever slept in his life. I nurse him. He sleeps. I don't have a problem with this, but Eric dreams of putting a baby of ours to sleep (funny how that works, huh? I'd love for him to put somebody to sleep!).

This Sunday morning, Eric's dream came true when he held Oliver during the song portion of the service, Oliver laid his little head on Eric's shoulder, and he fell asleep.

It was so cute and sweet I had to take a photo. I hope you enjoy it, even though it's a cruddy, dark cell phone photo. They stayed like this through the whole service and communion, and Eric was enjoying himself so much he didn't want to get up after church.

I must admit, it is pretty blissful to have a sleeping baby on one's chest, and I'm lucky to have it be part of my daily "grind."

No comments:

Post a Comment