Monday, August 13, 2012

Tough Season

Let's be real, folks: this is a difficult time.  I thought today was Eric's 28th straight day working without a day off, but he informed me that it's actually the 38th (but who's counting?).  This will continue until 2 weeks after Labor Day.  Work, work, work; no days off.

I miss my husband.  My kids miss their Daddy.  I miss having a co-parent around.  It's lonely and isolating at times.  I'm impatient with the kids.

I know there are lots of parents out there who operate like this all the time.  Single parents, widow(er)s, and military spouses, to name a few.  But this is not our normal, and I'm sure they would be the first to say that it's hard to do it on one's own.  I'm fortunate that this is temporary.

We're trying to stay busy, get out of the house, meet friends, and ask for help when we really need it.  This time will pass, and hopefully we'll get to recuperate some and make up for lost time.  Most likely, though, our regular-crazy life will just pick up where this super-crazy one leaves off.

Yes, this is a tough season.  But in the end, I'm so thankful for a hard-working husband with a good job, especially in this economy when so many people are struggling to find and keep work.  I'm thankful that we're all healthy and that this is the worst thing I have to complain about.

So thanks for "listening."  We'll have happier posts to come.

Dr. Ollie says, "Things will look up soon."

1 comment:

  1. Audrey, we would love to hang out with you guys any time. I know it's kind of tricky since I have a two-month old but any time you guys want to come over and play for awhile, just let me know. It is very isolating and difficult being a SAH mom in general, I can't imagine having to do it for more than a month without any daddy-help. I hope Eric gets a good break soon.

    ReplyDelete