Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Best

We dressed in our finest for church on Easter. The boys looked quite dapper, if I do say so myself. We went to a little one-room country church where my grandma attends (across the road from the one-room schoolhouse where my father and his siblings were educated). Only problem with a one-room church is that there's no second room for the kids to go to...which leaves the car as the only option when the children have eaten all their pretzels and are crying, "Water!" during the silent prayer time. I stayed long enough to sing some old hymns and hear a husband and wife duet accompanied by the 80-year-old husband on his banjo. Then it was off to the car to listen to "Wooly Bully" and relieve those poor, parched boys.

We promptly went back to my mom's house, took some photos while the boys were still clean, and went on with the less formal portion of our day. 
In the car at church, getting some much-needed refreshments

Daddy and Ellis, Easter 2013

Daddy and Oliver, Easter 2013
Here's lookin' at you, Kid.

Mama and Oliver, Eater 2013 (Ellis declined a photo with me)

Our sweet little family, Easter 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment