Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Kites 2013

I'm a sucker for rituals and traditions. I love the feeling that I get when I say, "We do this every year." I love that we are creating memories and traditions for the kids that will add up to be their childhood. Last weekend was our family's annual trip to our local kite festival (last year's festival photos). Unlike last year, when we could plunk Oliver down on a blanket and Ellis was content to play with friends, they were both exploring all over the place--and most of the time in two different directions! It was definitely a team effort to keep track of them. Thankfully, we brought Yia Yia along for an extra set of eyes and hands.

This year was definitely colder, but we did have more wind, so we actually got to see some pretty cool kites get off the ground. The boys' favorite was a giant squid, and my mom liked the ones that whipped around in loopty-loops. All in all, it was a fun day, and I'm glad to have another year of this tradition.


Ellis was excited for a legitimate excuse to use the binoculars!

Lemonade break with Yia Yia



Ellis got his face painted as Spiderman earlier in the day. And yes, both my kids eat lemons.


The sun was super-bright; forgive our squinting.


No comments:

Post a Comment